Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Protectors
- What mattress depth will the SlumberCool Mattress Protector fit on?
It will fit on mattresses up to 20 inches deep.
- Is the SlumberCool Mattress Protector a substitute for my old mattress pad?
- Which side of the SlumberCool Mattress Protector should be visible when it is placed on my mattress?
The Jacquard fabric with the SlumberCool logo should be on top and visible when placed on the mattress, as this has the airflow channels that keep the mattress cooler.
- Does the SlumberCool Mattress Protector fabric have a crackling sound?
- At what temperature should I wash my SlumberCool Mattress Protector?
It can be washed with COLD water and regular detergent?
- Can I dry my SlumberCool Mattress Protector in the dryer?
Yes, it can be dried in the dryer on low heat.
- Can I dry clean my SlumberCool Mattress Protector and Pillow Protector?
No, chemicals used when dry cleaning will destroy the Breathe-a-Barrier®.
- What is the Breathe-a-Barrier®?
It is a laminating technology that facilitates the flow of moisture vapor without letting liquids seep through.
No, because the bleaching process will destroy the Breathe-a-Barrier®.
Yes, you may hang your Mattress Protector out to dry; however, it may turn yellow if exposed to sun. But it will not affect the durability or integrity of the Mattress Protector.
No, do not iron your Mattress protector because it could damage the Breathe-a-Barrier®.
Yes, it can be wet sterilized at 120°C/250°F. DO NOT USE CHEMICALS TO STERILIZE, because chemicals will destroy the Breathe-a-Barrier®.
- Does the skirt need to go directly under the mattress?
- Are the sides of the SlumberCool Mattress Protector covered under warranty?
No, the warranty only covers the sleeping surface of the mattress.
- Does the SlumberCool Mattress Protector provide stain and dirt protection?
Yes, the Breathe-a-Barrier, a fluid proof technology facilitates the flow of moisture vapor without letting liquids seep through, resulting in a drier, cleaner bed as well as a longer mattress life.
- Will the SlumberCool Mattress Protector protect me against dust mites?
Yes, the mattress protector will protect you against dust mites, because the Breathe-a-Barrier® does not allow the dust mite feces to penetrate, as the size of the feces particle is larger than the pore of the Breathe-a-Barrier®. For continuous protection buy 2 SlumberShield Mattress Protectors while 1 is in the laundry.
- Does the SlumberCool MATTRESS PROTECTOR prevent bed bugs?
No, the Mattress Protector will not prevent bed bugs.
- Does the SlumberShield MATTRESS ENCASEMENT prevent bed bugs?
Yes, our Mattress Encasement is patented 360° Zipper Enclosure with Bed Bug Banisher® Zipper Lock, that provides total protection against allergens, dust mites and bed-bugs.
- Will the SlumberCool Mattress Protector protect my mattress from stains?
Yes, the Breathe-a-Barrier® is designed not to let liquid penetrate through the Mattress Protector, therefore, it will protect your mattress from getting stained.
- What do I do if I spill something on my SlumberCool Mattress Protector?
Machine wash using cold and tumble dry at low temperature as quickly as possible after spillage, preferably while still fresh and wet.
- My SlumberCool Mattress Protector has brown scuff marks on the Breathe-a-Barrier®.
Your temperature settings are set above the 70°C that the protector should be dried on, causing it to scorch. Or, the protector has caught on the hot air inlay of your tumble dryer. This is not covered under warranty.
- My SlumberCool Mattress Protector has bubbles or blistering appearing on the Breathe-a-Barrier®.
The temperature settings on your tumble dryer are set above the normal temperature causing the Breathe-a-Barrier® to soften and pull away from the cotton comfort layer. This is not covered by the SlumberShield® warranty.
- The Breathe-a-Barrier® has changed color over time. Will this affect the integrity of the protector?
No, the discoloration of the Breathe-a-Barrier® is a normal occurrence. It might be more pronounced depending on exposure to light, water and body acidity. This is considered normal wear and tear as far as our warranty is concerned.
- Can I use a heating pad/blanket over the SlumberCool Mattress Protector?
Yes, it can be used over the Mattress Protector.
- Does the SlumberShield® warranty cover stains?
No, stains are not covered under the SlumberShield® warranty.
- How to file a claim if I need to?
You can contact us at email@example.com