Warranty for SlumberShield Mattress Encasements
SLUMBERSHIELD® 10 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
PREMIUM SMOOTH ENCASEMENT
You have purchased the newest and finest in mattress and pillow protection made with the best materials and workmanship available.
SlumberShield® warrants the product to the original purchaser only, for residential use only, from manufacturing defects for a period of 10 years from Date of Purchase. The warranty covers the encasement product only. The Purchaser is responsible for all shipping costs to SlumberShield®. DO NOT SHIP THE PRODUCT TO SLUMBERSHIELD® WITHOUT FIRST OBTAINING AN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER AND INSTRUCTIONS. DO NOT RETURN THE PRODUCT TO THE RETAILER WHERE YOU PURCHASED IT.
This warranty covers manufacturing defects only. Damage to the product caused by improper use or by abuse, misuse or not properly following the care instructions will void the warranty.
SlumberShield® is not responsible for any incidental or consequential damages resulting from the use of its products. In no event shall the responsibility of SlumberShield® exceed the purchase price of the warranted product. This warranty will only be honored when accompanied by a copy of the original proof of purchase from an authorized retailer, reseller or distributor. This warranty is not available where the mattress encasement is used for commercial, institutional or rental purposes.
SlumberShield ® reserves the right, upon the presentation of a product covered by the warranty, to repair or replace same, at its sole option. In the event that a particular product is no longer manufactured, SlumberShield® shall have the right to replace same with a substitute product that most nearly resembles the warranted item.
ADDITIONAL LIMITED WARRANTY.
If a SlumberShield® mattress encasement Is purchased at the same time and place with a new mattress from an authorized retailer, SlumberShield® warrants that its mattress encasement will protect the new mattress from stains, on the mattress surface only, for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase of the mattress subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Customer must notify SlumberShield® of a claim within 7 days of occurrence and provide proof of purchase of the mattress at the time of purchase of the SlumberShield® mattress encasement;
- SlumberShield® will have the right to have a 3rd party company attempt to clean the stain;
- If the cleaning company cannot remove the stain, SlumberShield® will repair the mattress surface, or replace same, at its discretion, with a replacement mattress of similar quality, but in no event at a cost to SlumberShield® in excess of $5,000.00.
The limited warranty by SlumberShield® for mattresses purchased at the same time as a SlumberShield® mattress encasement does not apply if Customer does not:
- follow the procedure for claims set forth above;
- present the original sales receipt for the mattress and SlumberShield® mattress encasement;
- provide evidence that the SlumberShield® mattress encasement was properly used on the mattress when the stain occurred; and
- present the mattress manufacturer's written warranty.
This Limited Warranty shall be in addition to, but not replace, the manufacturer's warranty for any mattress.
The Customer shall pay all service and transportation costs related to replacement of a mattress. This Limited Warranty shall be limited to one claim only for each SlumberShield® mattress encasement and new mattress, after which this Limited Warranty shall no longer apply.
In addition, the Limited Warranty for the SlumberShield® mattress encasement and the surface of a new mattress utilizing a SlumberShield® mattress encasement, shall not apply where:
- the use of a SlumberShield® mattress encasement and/or mattress is for commercial, institutional, or rental purposes;
- damage is caused by failure to comply with the care instructions of SlumberShield® and/or the mattress manufacturer for cleaning and use, including using improper cleaning materials;
- the SlumberShield® mattress encasement has been neglected, mishandled, or abused (whether In transit or otherwise);
- stains or other damage caused by nail polish, inks, cosmetics, chemical hair treatments, self-tanning and other tanning related chemicals, bleach, non-food related grease, corrosives, chemicals, alcohol, or dyes;
- stains or other damage caused by dealers or occurring prior to or during delivery or while the mattress is in or being moved into or out of storage or being moved between residences;
- cuts, punctures, or other damage caused by sharp objects that penetrate the SlumberShield® mattress encasement;
- stains or other damage caused by, or the result of, mold or mildew;
- damage caused by animals, including beaks, teeth and/or claws/nails;
- stains or other damage caused by or related to fire (including water damage), smoke, flood or other natural disaster and Acts of God, theft, vandalism or other crime, or any other loss that is covered under an insurance policy;
- stains or other damage caused by structural problems or appliance malfunctions such as, but not limited to, leaks from air conditioners, skylights, roofs, water heaters, or water pipes;
- normal soiling, wear and tear;
- SlumberShield® mattress encasement or mattress purchased as "used" or "as-is";
- odors or stains of unknown origins;
- medical conditions including incontinence;
- ironing, burns, improper cleaning or failure to clean;
- accumulating stains over time; or
- claims under this warranty where Customer failed to report the damage within 7 days of the incident.
Also not covered are the sides of the mattress, linens, foundation, box spring or mattresses not fitted with the SlumberShield® mattress encasement.
This warranty is the sole warranty given by SlumberShield®, and shall extend only to the Purchaser. FOR SALES TO ANY PURCHASER OTHER THAN A CONSUMER PURCHASING FOR HOUSEHOLD USE, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, ARE EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL SLUMBERSHIELD® BE LIABLE TO ANY PURCHASER FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES, EVEN IF SLUMBERSHIELD® IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. The remedies provided herein are the sole and exclusive remedies of the Purchaser and no one is authorized to assume or undertake for SlumberShield® any other liability in connection with the sale of the Product. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimers of implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you. In the event that the disclaimer of implied warranties is not applicable to you, then such implied warranties shall only remain in effect during the applicable Warranty Period. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is non-transferable. This warranty shall be interpreted in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to the provisions concerning the conflicts of laws.
SlumberShield® reserves the right to revise the warranty it offers in connection with the sale of products from time lo time. Accordingly, the warranties set forth in this certificate apply only to the Product accompanied by this warranty certificate. For the latest warranty information for any products offered or sold in the future, please refer to SlumberShield® 's web site: www.slumbershield.com.
CARE INSTUCTIONS: You may wash with WARM water and regular detergent.
DO NOT BLEACH
DRY ON LOW HEAT OR AIR DRY
DO NOT IRON